Sunday, January 8, 2012

Some Explorations!



Hello all!

Yesterday I walked from my apartment to the eiffel tower (past l'hotel des invalides, which is not exactly (or at all) what it sounds like it would be in english). I took the bus back, I'm already quite fond of public transport in Paris!

Today, a couple of friends from Columbia and I went to  a dog show in Vincennes, just outside of paris. It was so much fun! It was in "parc floral" so we had a nice walk there (we walked through an exhibition of christmas tree people - see below!) and then enjoyed seeing all of the dogs! There were probably over 1000, the space was huge! After that we passed through an old-car show that was touring through paris! Right next to the park was le "chateau de vincennes" a chateau for french royalty that dates from the 14th century. It was pretty cool (and free!) to walk through, photos below. A very successful day so far, later on this afternoon I am going to be meeting the daughter of my host family, who is coming over with her wedding dress!

Some photos of my day:





The christmas tree people! Alice in Wonderland and some sexy santas!


                                                                                                Xmas tree Shrek!




Chows at the dog show reminded me of Kaikai :(



Super cool old tow truck! The back is made of wood!

An old ford and the  sign for the car "traversee"
                                                                                                                        
The entrance to the chateau de vincennes - the moat is now grassy but the drawbridge is still there!




  The newer (c. 1600) part of the chateau




No comments:

Post a Comment